Reminder - CIMPA-ICTP Math Courses 2023 - From Monday 27 March to Thursday 30 March at 15:00 (Cabarcas Jaramillo)/hybrid seminar

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Mar 27 09:36:48 CEST 2023

CIMPA/ICTP MATH COURSES  2023

Hybrid Course on: Solving Non-linear Equations with Linear Algebra

This is a recurring meeting, therefore please register just once for all
4 sessions:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYpdeuhpz4sGtwarMoaPI4mdWtAYy2szbyU

Timetable
Monday, 27 March, 15:00-17:00
Tuesday, 28 March, 15:00-17:00
Wednesday, 29 March, 15:00-17:00
Thursday, 30 March, 15:00-17:00

Venue (for in-person participants)
Stasi Lecture Hall (Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)

Speaker:Daniel Cabarcas Jaramillo (Universidad Nacional de Colombia,
Medellin)

Title: Solving Non-linear Equations with Linear Algebra

Abstract:
The task of solving non-linear polynomial equations has many
applications in science and technology. Macaulay, Buchberger and others
developed the theoretical ground to solve them in the 1930's and 60's
via Groebner bases and elimination theory. More recently, Lazard,
Faugere and others reframed the problem in linear algebra terms,
allowing important improvements in the algorithmic complexity.
In this course we walk this path. First, we develop the necessary theory
from algebraic geometry. We then focus on the relation between Groebner
bases and linear algebra. And finally, we discuss the complexity of the
algorithms to compute Groebner bases using linear algebra.

Please note: The CIMPA/ICTP Courses will be recorded and broadcasted.

https://indico.ictp.it/event/10290/