Fwd: IGAP seminar Geometry and Physics: lectures by Anton Shchechkin

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Thu Mar 9 11:39:20 CET 2023

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	IGAP seminar Geometry and Physics: lectures by Anton Shchechkin
Date: 	Thu, 9 Mar 2023 09:57:18 +0000
From: 	Alessandro Tanzini <tanzini at sissa.it>
To: 	math-users at lists.sissa.it <math-users at lists.sissa.it>,
he-sem at lists.sissa.it <he-sem at lists.sissa.it>
CC: 	ICTP/math - Mabilo Koutou <math at ictp.it>

Dear all

the IGAP seminar series on Geometry and Physics continues with two
lectures by Anton Shchechkin (SISSA and INFN) on Tuesdays 14 March and
28 March at 16:00 in room Dubrovin (136) of SISSA.

Everybody is welcome to attend.

Title: Painleve equations and spaces of initial data.

Abstract:

The spaces of initial data give a powerful tool for studying Painleve
equations. Firstly introduced by Okamoto for differential Painleve
equations, this notion was subsequently developed by Sakai, who
constructed a geometric classification of Painleve equations, which
includes both differential and difference ones. The latter classifies
CP^2 blowed up in 9 points up to certain equivalency and each class
corresponds to a certain Painleve equation.

I will start my first talk from a toy example constructing the space of
initial data for an order 1 LDEq by using the blowup procedure. Then we
will construct this space for Painleve VI. Finally we will talk about
geometrical properties of this space and how it is connected with
properties of the corresponding Painleve equation.

In the second talk we will speak about properties of spaces of initial
data, but in a more wide context, which includes q-Painleve equations.
Particularly we will pay attention on an example for q-Painleve VI.

Bests
Alessandro

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela