REMINDER: Dynamical Systems Seminars - Thursday, 9 March 2023, 15:15 - 17:30 - (Hamza Ounesli and Dominic Veconi)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Thu Mar 9 09:30:07 CET 2023

_Dynamical Systems Seminars _

Venue: Luigi Stasi seminar room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building)

Thursday, 9 March 2023 (15:15 - 17:30)

15:15 - 16:15 *Hamza Ounesli* (SISSA)

*Existence of invariant measures for circle expanding maps of low
regularity*
*
**Abstract:* In this talk I will start by giving a brief introduction to
expanding dynamical systems, recall some known results on the ergodic
theory of this class of maps and motivate some on-going open problems.
The second part will be more oriented towards my current research and
present some partial results.

/16:15 - 16:30    break//
/

16:30 - 17:30 *Dominic Veconi* (ICTP)

*Super-expanding measures of one-dimensional Lorenz-type maps*

*Abstract:* In this seminar, I will discuss recent work of F. Pedreira
and V. Pinheiro examining a dense family of expanding Lorenz-type of the
interval with infinite Lyapunov exponent. Pedreira and Pinheiro use
inducing schemes to show that if the singularity of a Lorenz-type map
has fast recurrence to itself, then the resulting map admits an infinite
Lyapunov exponent; on the other hand, slow recurrence of the singularity
to itself results in a finite Lyapunov exponent. I will discuss in
detail how inducing schemes and weak Gibbs-Markov structures are used to
prove that an interval map with fast recurrence of the singularity has
infinite Lyapunov exponent.
*/
/**/Everyone is welcome to attend/*

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela