ALGEBRAIC TOPOLOGY SEMINAR (in person) - Thursday 16 February, at 14:00 (Mirzaii)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Feb 13 11:42:01 CET 2023

_ALGEBRAIC TOPOLOGY SEMINAR_

Thursday, 16 February, at 14:00

Venue: Luigi Stasi seminar room (ICTP Leonardo Da Vinci Building)

Speaker: Behrooz MIRZAII (ICMC, University of São Carlos)

*_Title:_ Sciss**ors Congruences and Algebraic K- theory*

*__**_Abstract:_*  The scissors congruence in plane euclidean geometry is known results. Its three dimensional case is known as famous Hilberst's third problem.
In this talk first I will discuss the classical scissor congruence problems. I will then discuss its connection to algebraic K-theory and some problems in algebraic geometry.