ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY SEMINAR - Wednesday, 15 February, at 14:00 (Yinbang Lin)/Online

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Sat Feb 11 13:12:17 CET 2023

_ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY SEMINAR_

Wednesday 15 February, 14:00 (Rome Time)_
_

VENUE: ONLINE

REGISTRATION LINK:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUtdumqpjwjGtAzN21XRbOqja09aZKefFci

Speaker: Yinbang Lin (Tongji University in Shanghai)

Title: Gaeta resolutions and strange duality over rational surfaces

Abstract: We will discuss resolutions of coherent sheaves by line
bundles from strong full exceptional sequences over rational surfaces.
We call them Gaeta resolutions. We then apply the results towards the
study of the moduli space of sheaves, in particular Le Potier's strange
duality conjecture. We will show that the strange morphism is injective
in some new cases. One of the key steps is to show that certain Quot
schemes are finite and reduced. The next key step is to enumerate the
length of the finite Quot scheme, by identifying the Quot scheme as the
moduli space of limit stable pairs, where we are able to calculate the
(virtual) fundamental class. /This is based on joint work with Thomas
Goller./

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela