ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Wednesday 30 November at 11:00 (Damião Araújo)/hybrid seminar

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Thu Nov 24 11:04:00 CET 2022

ICTP MATHEMATICS SEMINARS SEMINARS 2022

Wednesday 30 November at 11:00

Hybrid seminar

Please  note unusual venue
Venue: for in-person attendees (Leonardo da Vinci, LECTURE ROOM D,
terrace level).

For virtual attendees:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwtceytpjwuEtHlba3sEx-YuHV74KjK6RsW

Register in advance for this meeting:

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Speaker:  Damião Araújo (Universidade Federal da Paraíba – UFPB)

Title: On highly degenerate Alt-Phillips problems

Abstract: In this talk, we study regularity properties for
nonvariational singular elliptic equations ruled by highly degenerate
second-order operators. We obtain optimal regularity along the free
boundary. We also show existence of solutions, nondegeneracy properties,
and fine geometric estimates for the free boundary.
This is joint work with Ginaldo Sá - UFPB.

https://indico.ictp.it/event/10144/