What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website

Susanne Henningsen hennings at ictp.it
Fri Jan 8 15:18:34 CET 2021

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-specific-archive-issue.cfm?newsletter_service_id=1325&lang=en>
| ISSN 2599-9222

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Header Image

follow us : ‌ icon Twitter <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov> ‌ icon
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> ‌ icon Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> ‌ icon RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en> ‌

Success stories
Big data at the service of public safety and security

An EU-funded consortium has developed an innovative solution to improve
public safety and personal security by helping organisations, businesses
and citizens harness the benefits of big data more easily and efficiently.

Photo

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/article_en.cfm?artid=53885&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

SeeAlso

	See also
	More Success stories
<https://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/index_en.cfm?pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Events
Integration of social sciences and humanities in Horizon 2020

The integration of Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH) in Horizon 2020
is an important feature of the programme. To monitor the development of
this cross-cutting issue is an EU commitment. Various dimensions are
examined, such as the budget going to SSH partners (overall and in each
part of the programme), qualitative aspects, performance of disciplines
and sectors involved, as well as which countries are represented as
participants and coordinators.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/publications/integration-social-sciences-and-humanities-horizon-2020_en&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

SeeAlso

	See also
	SSH integration
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/research-and-innovation/research-area/social-sciences-and-humanities/ssh-integration_en&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Horizon magazine
2021: Beyond coronavirus - what’s in store for science in the year ahead?

remain a dominant theme in 2021. But from vaccine rollout to lessons for
future pandemics and – that other big challenge that we’re facing –
climate change, how will the year in science play out? We asked a
selection of our interviewees about lessons from 2020 and what needs to
happen in their fields in the coming year.

Photo

	Main URL
<https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/2021-beyond-coronavirus-what-s-store-science-year-ahead.html>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Horizon magazine <https://horizon-magazine.eu/>

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32018R1725&from=EN>.
Please read the privacy statement
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/pdf/ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>.