What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website

Henningsen Susanne hennings at ictp.it
Mon Feb 15 18:54:25 CET 2021

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-specific-archive-issue.cfm?newsletter_service_id=1325&lang=en>
| ISSN 2599-9222

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Header Image

follow us : ‌ icon Twitter <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov> ‌ icon
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> ‌ icon Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> ‌ icon RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en> ‌

News Alerts
Equity funding in the EU: new report sheds light on shortcomings in the
EU finance landscape
DG R&I published today the results of an independent expert report
identifying the investment gaps existing in the EU and reasons behind
these. The findings constitute an essential contribution to understand
the relationship of EU support with the European venture capitalist (VC)
ecosystem and explores ways on how to ensure appropriate access to
financing for innovative, high growth European SMEs as well as further
development of the VC eco-system across Europe.

Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture,
Education and Youth said:

I welcome this report on the venture capital landscape in Europe and its
recommendations. In the post coronavirus recovery phase ensuring access
to financing for highly innovative SMEs and startups will be an
important element of a true European Innovation Area to enable our
transition to the green and digital economies/./

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/news/equity-funding-eu-new-report-sheds-light-shortcomings-eu-finance-landscape-2021-feb-05_en&pk_campaign=rtd_news>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Report: Study on equity investments in Europe
<https://op.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/4a355d87-669a-11eb-aeb5-01aa75ed71a1/language-en/format-PDF/source-189790753>

Success stories
Minimising the impact of a common - but potentially detrimental -
clinical practice

Intrapartum antimicrobial prophylaxis (IAP), is a standard procedure
used while delivering babies. According to EU-funded researchers, it may
have important implications for infant health, increasing risks of
obesity, diabetes, and antibiotics resistance. This finding opens the
door to the development of new dietary strategies for minimising the
effect of this very common medical procedure.

Photo

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/article_en.cfm?id=/research/headlines/news/article_21_02_09_en.html?infocentre&item=Infocentre&artid=54206&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

SeeAlso

	See also
	More Success stories
<https://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/index_en.cfm?pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Events
BlueMed CSA final conference
On 22-24 February, the BlueMed final event will showcase the outcomes
and results of the initiative that has brought together countries and
organisations from along and across the Mediterranean Sea with one goal
in mind: a shared, productive and healthy basin.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/events/bluemed-csa-final-conference-2021-feb-22_en&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Date

	Date
	22/02/2021

Venue

	Venue
	Online

SeeAlso

	See also
	More events
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/research-and-innovation/events/upcoming-events_en&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Horizon magazine
To confront climate change, we need to understand the environmental
footprint of global supply chains

In 2020, the Covid-19 pandemic upended international trade. Countries
shut their borders, breaking the webs of supply chains that crisscross
the globe. These systems of people, organisations and companies work to
supply consumers with products, such as mobile phones, or services, like
transportation.

Photo

	Main URL
<https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/confront-climate-change-we-need-understand-environmental-footprint-global-supply-chains.html>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Horizon magazine <https://horizon-magazine.eu/>

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32018R1725&from=EN>.
Please read the privacy statement
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/pdf/ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>.