What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website

Henningsen Susanne hennings at ictp.it
Mon Feb 8 13:18:26 CET 2021

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-specific-archive-issue.cfm?newsletter_service_id=1325&lang=en>
| ISSN 2599-9222

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Header Image

follow us : ‌ icon Twitter <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov> ‌ icon
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> ‌ icon Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> ‌ icon RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en> ‌

News Alerts
European Green Deal Call raises high number of proposals under Horizon 2020
On 27 January, the Commission received 1550 proposals for the €1 billion
Green Deal call, demonstrating an impressive response from the research
community in Europe and beyond. Eligible proposals will now be evaluated
by panels of independent experts; the first selected projects will start
in autumn 2021.

Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture,
Education and Youth, said:

The great interest in this last Horizon 2020 call shows the eagerness of
research teams in the EU and beyond to find solutions that will tackle
the climate crisis, restore and preserve our ecosystems and protect our
societies, driving them through sustainable recovery. I look forward to
their breakthrough discoveries and innovations/./

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/news/european-green-deal-call-raises-high-number-proposals-under-horizon2020-2021-feb-01_en&pk_campaign=rtd_news>

SeeAlso

	See also
	European Green Deal
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/research-and-innovation/strategy/european-green-deal_en?pk_campaign=rtd_news>

Success stories
Pioneering photolithography for 7nm chips

Cutting-edge photolithography technology developed by an EU-funded
consortium has enabled the launch of a new generation of
high-performance smartphones featuring powerful and efficient 7nm-node
mobile processors.

Photo

	Main URL
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/article_en.cfm?id=/research/headlines/news/article_21_02_02_en.html?infocentre&item=Infocentre&artid=54145&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

SeeAlso

	See also
	More Success stories
<https://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/index_en.cfm?pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Events
OECD Science, Technology and Innovation Outlook 2021 - Insights for EU
policy debates
Building on the findings from the OECD Science, Technology and
Innovation Outlook 2021, the event will discuss the critical role that
research and innovation have played in tackling the COVID-19 crisis,
from improving our understanding of the disease to the rapid development
of vaccines.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/events/oecd-science-technology-and-innovation-outlook-2021-insights-eu-policy-debates-2021-feb-12_en>

Date

	Date
	12/02/2021

Venue

	Venue
	Online

SeeAlso

	See also
	More events
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/research-and-innovation/events/upcoming-events_en&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Horizon magazine
Five things to know about childhood cancer

Advances in diagnosis and care have yielded significant improvements in
childhood cancer survival rates in Europe, but the long-term side-effect
burden in young people — driven by the unlicensed use of adult cancer
medicines — often means the price of survival is high, scientists say.

Photo

	Main URL
<https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/five-things-know-about-childhood-cancer.html>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Horizon magazine <https://horizon-magazine.eu/>

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32018R1725&from=EN>.
Please read the privacy statement
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/pdf/ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>.