ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Thursday 14 November at 16:00 (Jyotshana Prajapat)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Nov 11 12:31:16 CET 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Thursday 14 November, at 16:00 hrs.

Speaker:
Jyotshana Prajapat (University of Mumbai)

Title:
A Calculus proof of the Riesz representation theorem and its applications

Abstract:
I will present an elementary proof of the well-known Riesz
representation theorem. The idea extends to a direct proof of the
Radon-Nikodym theorem as well as duality results.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room  (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building,
first floor)