The 33rd International Colloquium on Group Theoretical Methods in Physics (group33)

Rosanna Sain rosanna at ictp.it
Tue Nov 12 10:14:18 CET 2019

*Subject: *The 33rd International Colloquium on Group Theoretical
Methods in Physics (group33), https://www.cipma.net/group33-cotonou-benin/

Dear colleague,

As you may know, the International Colloquium on Group Theoretical
Methods in Physics (ICGTMP) series was initiated in 1972 in Marseilles,
France. It is traditionally dedicated to the applications of symmetry
and group theoretical methods (in the widest sense) in physics,
mathematics and other sciences, and to the development of new
mathematical tools and theories. Most recently, the conference has taken
place in Tianjin, China (2012), Ghent, Belgium (2014), Rio de Janeiro,
Brazil (2016), and Prague, Czech Republic (2018). The Wigner Medal and
the Weyl Prize are awarded during the colloquium.

The 2020 meeting will be held in Cotonou, Republic of Benin, from July
13 to 17. This is the first time that ICGTMP will take place in Africa.
It is being organized under the auspices of the Benin National Academy
of Sciences, Arts and Letters, and with sponsorship of the Benin
Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research. The colloquium
website, still being developed as preparations proceed, is
_www.cipma.net/group33-cotonou-benin/
<http://www.cipma.net/group33-cotonou-benin/>_

Over the years, the ICGTMP has further broadened and diversified in
scope, as group theoretical, geometric and algebraic methods have been
applied in life sciences and other scientific domains. The conference
now has an interdisciplinary character. In plenary and parallel
sessions, we aim to bring together experts and young researchers from
different fields, encouraging cross-disciplinary interactions.

We sincerely hope you will be able to accept this invitation to attend
group33 and give a talk. The 2020 colloquium is a historic milestone for
Africa, and will build bridges between scientists, mathematicians and
students from Africa and from all other continents. In particular, we
feel that African participants as well as others in the scientific
community, will benefit greatly from your presentation.

Travelling to Benin has become quite easy. You just complete ashort
online e-Visa application form for visiting Benin, via the link:
www.beninvisas.com/ <http://www.beninvisas.com/>. This allows a citizen
of any of the eligible countries with passports that are valid for at
least six (6) months from the expected date of entry into Benin, to
obtain a Benin e-Visa for tourism or business purposes, which is sent by
e-mail. In addition, as a precaution against the possibility of malaria,
it is recommended to take prescribed medication for the period of your
stay. We would be glad to provide you with any additional information or
assistance in connection with planning your travel to Benin.

We look forward to welcoming you in Benin. Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,

Hkn
Professor M. N. Hounkonnou,
- President, Benin National Academy of Sciences, Arts and Letters
- President, International Chair in Mathematical Physics and
Applications  (ICMPA-UNESCO Chair) 072 BP 50 Cotonou, Republic of BENIN
Tel:(+229) 21 38 61 28; Fax:(+229) 21 31 31 38 GSM: (+229) 95 06 26 89
or (+229) 96 96 52 40 E-mail: norbert.hounkonnou at cipma.uac.bj;
hounkonnou at yahoo.fr; norbert_hounkonnou at cipma.net
- TWAS Research Professor, University of Zambia, P.O. Box 32379, Lusaka,
Zambia