Algebraic Geometry Seminar - Tuesday 12 November 2019, at 16:00 - AT SISSA (Alessandro NOBILE)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Nov 11 12:13:09 CET 2019

ALGEBRAIC   GEOMETRY   SEMINARS

_Please note change of usual venue_

Tuesday 12 November, at 16:00 hrs.

Speaker:
Alessandro NOBILE (SISSA)

Title:
A breaf introduction to deformation theory and functor of Artin rings

Abstract:
Deformation theory, introduced by Grothendieck in his seminar talks
"Fundaments de la Géométre Algébrique", is the algebraic counterpart of
the approach taken by Kodaira, Spencer, Nirenberg and Kuranishi to study
small deformations of complex manifolds. In this talk I'll introduce the
notions of deformation of an algebraic scheme, the notion of functor of
Artin rings and I'll give give some example of those. Then I'll try to
explain the notion of tangent space to a functor of Artin rings and give
some example of computations in special cases. If time permits, I'll try
to define the notion of obstruction space, give some examples and give
an idea of how these tangent/obstruction spaces are linked with the
local-to-global spectral sequence of Ext.

http://users.ictp.it/~arincon/AGS.html

*VENUE:  SISSA, Room (A-137) *