SP Seminar @SISSA Via Bonomea 265 - Tuesday 12 November at 11am - Michal HELLER

CM Section cm at ictp.it
Fri Nov 8 16:07:04 CET 2019

Joint ICTP/SISSA Statistical Physics Seminar

Tuesday 12 November at 11:00 a.m.
venue: SISSA, Via Bonomea 265

Speaker: Michal HELLER
Albert Einstein Institute, Postdam, Germany

Title: Complexity and Conformal Field Theory

Abstract:
One of the most interesting current research directions in theoretical
high energy physics is studying hardness (complexity) of preparing
states or transformation using only simple states and simple operations.
This is the essence of conjectured holographic complexity proposals,
as well as of ongoing studies of complexity in quantum field theories.
In my talk I will discuss complexity in 2-dimensional conformal field
theories with a view towards finding a genuine AdS dual of such a
notion in quantum field theory. Based on 1904.02713 and an ongoing
work with Mario Flory and Volker Schomerus.