REMINDER - ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Thursday 15 March, at 14.00hrs (Walid GOMAA)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue Mar 13 09:28:42 CET 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Thursday 15, March, at 14.00 hrs.

Walid Gomaa
 (Egypt-Japan University, Alexandria)

Title:
Automatic crowd scene analysis and anomaly detection from video
surveillance cameras

Abstract:  Crowd activities and behaviors have significantly expanded in
our daily life due to the massive increase in population and
technological advances. This growth has forced governments and
authorities to hold more attention on these types of scenes
particularly, for crowd management and security issues. Therefore,
analysis of crowded scenes has become one of the most attractive topics
in the computer vision and pattern recognition community. In this talk
we introduce crowd scene analysis through an approach that we have
developed based on extracting short trajectories (tracklets) and
clustering them into coherent groups to form motion pathways.

VENUE:  Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)