CMSP Seminar @ICTP Stasi Seminar Room Tuesday 13 September at 11.30 a.m. - Roberta CITRO

Condensed Matter Section cm at ictp.it
Thu Sep 8 11:43:57 CEST 2016

Condensed Matter and Statistical Physics Seminar

Tuesday, 13 September at 11.30 a.m.
Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, first floor, Leonardo building

Roberta CITRO
Dipt. di Fisica 'E.R. Caianiello', Universita' di Salerno

Title: Meissner to Vortex Phase Transition in Spin-Orbit Coupled Ladders

Abstract:
We discuss the phase diagram of an interacting boson two-leg ladder in a
flux
investigated by means of bosonization and density matrix renormalization
group
(DMRG) techniques.
We show experimentally accessible observables such as the momentum
distribution,
as well as rung current, density wave, and bond-order wave correlation
functions,
allowing us to identify the Mott Meissner and Mott vortex states. We
follow the transition
from commensurate Meissner to incommensurate vortex state at increasing
interchain
hopping until the critical value above which the Meissner state is
stabilized at any flux.
For large flux, and below the critical hopping, we observe the formation
of a second
incommensuration in the Mott vortex state that could be detectable in
current experiments
with atoms.
__