dr. Nicola Pagani's seminar

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Wed Jan 13 09:20:52 CET 2016

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

dr. Nicola Pagani
(University of Liverpool)

Title:  What is ... the universal theta divisor?

Abstract: The Jacobian varieties of smooth projective curves fit
together to form a family over the moduli space of curves called
universal Jacobian, and the theta divisors of these curves form a
divisor in the universal Jacobian.  I will explain how to construct
extensions of the universal Jacobian and theta divisor over the moduli
space of stable curves. The extensions depend on an extra stability
parameter, and I will then study how the universal theta divisor varies
with this parameter. This is a joint work with Jesse Kass.

Venue: SISSA, lecture room 136 on Tuesday 19 January at 4 pm