SISSA Mathematics Colloquium

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Tue Jan 12 14:09:25 CET 2016

SISSA MATHEMATICS COLLOQUIUM

O. Lisovyy

Painlevé functions and conformal blocks

Abstract : The sixth Painlevé equation describes monodromy preserving
deformations of rank 2 Fuchsian systems with four regular singular
points on the Riemann sphere. The monodromy data play a role of
integrals of motion for Painlevé VI, and its solution amounts to
constructing explicit inverse of the Riemann-Hilbert map. We will show
that this problem can be solved by expressing Painlevé VI tau function
and the solution of the auxiliary linear system in terms of Fourier
transforms of Virasoro conformal blocks. We will also discuss various
generalizations of this isomonodromy/CFT correspondence.

Venue: SISSA, room 136 on Thursday 14 January at 2:30 pm