seminar announcement

Emilia Mezzetti mezzette at units.it
Wed Jan 13 09:27:40 CET 2016

UNIVERSITA' DI TRIESTE
DIPARTIMENTO DI MATEMATICA E GEOSCIENZE

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Wednesday January 20 2016, at 2.30 p.m.

FABIO TANTURRI (Aix-Marseille Université)
will speak on

Matrix factorizations and curves in P^4

Abstract: A method to prove the unirationality of
a moduli space of curves or of
other interesting spaces is to explicitly exhibit a unirational dominating
family of projective models. In this talk, I will show how it is possible to
construct curves in P^4 by means of matrix factorizations; by using this
new technique, we are able to prove the unirationality of the Hurwitz
space H_8,12, as well as other results concerning particular Brill-Noether
spaces. This is a joint work with Frank-Olaf Schreyer.

Venue: Seminar Room  (Sezione di Matematica e
Informatica, H2 building, Via Valerio 12/1, 3rd
floor, room 334)

Everybody interested is much welcome to attend.
--
Prof. Emilia Mezzetti

Dipartimento di Matematica e Geoscienze
Sezione di Matematica e Informatica
Universita' di Trieste
Via Valerio 12/1
34127 Trieste, Italia

Stanza 227, II piano
e-mail: mezzette at units.it
tel. studio (+39) 040 558 2650
skype: emiliamezzetti
tel. Segreteria Dip.: (+39) 040 558 2635
fax: (+39) 040 558 2636
http://www.dmi.units.it/~mezzette/