[RegCNET] RegCM4 changelog?

Mohamed Omar nwpmeteo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 23:04:12 CEST 2015

Hello,
I think professor Raymond ask about something like WRF model, means every
release they inform all by what new in this version ( which bugs that has
been fixed, which scheme they add, which thing they eliminate, etc...).
That is what I understand from professor Raymond email, and I totally agree
with him.
Regards

On Tuesday, August 11, 2015, Tufan Turp <turcomania at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Professor,
>
> You can ignore my previous mail. Sorry, I just noticed that you are merely
> interested in version 4.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tufan Turp
>
> Bogazici University
>
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 11:32 PM, Tufan Turp <turcomania at gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','turcomania at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
>> Dear Professor,
>>
>> I suggest you to check Filippo's notes, "A brief history of the RegCM:
>> From RegCM1 to RegCM4", which were presented during the 5th ICTP Workshop
>> on the Theory and Use of Regional Climate Models in 2010.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Tufan Turp
>>
>> Bogazici University
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 8:17 PM, Raymond Arritt <rwarritt at gmail.com
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','rwarritt at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear friends,
>>>
>>> Does there exist a changelog showing exactly what is in each version of
>>> RegCM4?  There are many different versions and it would be very helpful to
>>> know the specific differences between each one.
>>>
>>> I am aware of the blog, wiki etc. and these are somewhat helpful but do
>>> not really give a structured account of what is in each version or release
>>> candidate. Apologies if I have overlooked something.
>>>
>>> The motivation for this question is that we have done a large number of
>>> CORDEX simulations using RegCM4.4rc8.  We'd like to test some of the new
>>> features in RegCM while maintaining as close compatibility as possible with
>>> our existing simulations.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any advice you can give.
>>>
>>> Ray Arritt

Researcher, Center of Excellence for Climate Change Research (CECCR)
King Abdulaziz University
P. O. Box 80234, Jeddah 21589,
Saudi Arabia
E-mail: miomar at kau.edu.sa & egy_mohamad at yahoo.com