[RegCNET] Precipitation rate to mm

Marcus De Andre Williams moneymd at uga.edu
Wed Feb 20 20:25:58 CET 2013

Hi all,

Can anyone advise me on converting the precipitation rate, which has units of kg/m^2day, in the tpr  variable in the SRF file to mm. My initial attempts are giving me values that seem to be out of line for my analysis region. I was dividing the tpr by the density of water and then multiplying by the number of days in my analysis period. For instance I compiled all the January totals for a period say 11 years so I would multipy by 31 days which should leave me with meters as the unit, then I would multipy by 1,000 to get the desired units of mm. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.