[RegCNET] model vertical level

Graziano Giuliani ggiulian at ictp.it
Wed Nov 2 14:02:15 CET 2011

On 11/02/2011 11:46 AM, rajesh j wrote:
[...]
> have a question about the regcm output vertical level. I understand
> that regcm output is in sigma levels and after translating to the
> pressure level also it gives output values at 1000 hPa for High
> altitude regions like The Himalayas. But for echam output, which is on
> hybrid levels when translated to pressure levels does not give values
> for lower levels over Himalayas. Both outputs were precessed with CDO.
> What makes the difference and how one can process the REGCM output as
> that of echam (please see the attahced figure) to get void regions
> below orography. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
[...]

Rajesh,
you need to change the sigma2p code in the intlin and intlog subroutines where
the extrapolation is performed (sigp.gt.1 and sigp.ge.sig(km)) and set fp(i,j,n)
to a missing value.

Ciao!

Graziano.

--
Graziano Giuliani - Earth System Physics Section
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics