ANALYSIS SEMINAR - Thursday 4 April, at 14:00 - Arlúcio VIANA - VENUE: ICTP Leonardo building - Luigi Stasi Seminar Room

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Thu Mar 28 11:21:10 CET 2024

_ANALYSIS  SEMINAR_

Thursday 4 Apr 2024, at 14:00

VENUE: ICTP Leonardo Building - Luigi Stasi Seminar Room

Speaker: Arlúcio Viana (Universidade Federal de Sergipe - Brazil)

Title: Nonlocal-in-time evolution equations

Abstract: In this talk, we first introduce some classes of
nonlocal-in-time evolution equations in interpolation scales of Banach
spaces and show a well-posedness result for them. We will do this by
going through old and new results for the linear and semilinear Cauchy
problems associated with those integrodifferential equations. As an
application, we obtain the local well-posedness for a model describing a
viscoelastic fluid with memory. Secondly, we use fractional-in-time
diffusion equations to illustrate how the qualitative analysis of
solutions can go further for nonlocal-in-time evolution equations and
some of their difficulties.

/https://indico.ictp.it/event/10682//

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela