Geometric Structures seminar - Tommaso Rossi - Tuesday March 19th, 2024 , 14:00 (Rome time) - room 131 at SISSA (and online)

Samuel Borza sborza at sissa.it
Sun Mar 17 17:56:33 CET 2024

Dear All,

This is to announce the next seminar from the series "Geometric Structures".

Speaker: Tommaso Rossi (Paris, Laboratoire Jacques-Louis Lions - Sorbonne Université)

Title: Weyl's tube formula in sub-Riemannian geometry
Time: Tuesday March 19th, 2024 , 14:00 (Rome time)
Venue: room 131 - SISSA main building and online
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85675591787?pwd=TUo2VXpmcEhOU1paRzBXUWp2MU1odz09
Meeting ID: 856 7559 1787
Password: geometry

----
Abstract:
We study the volume of a tube around a submanifold in sub-Riemannian geometry. Firstly, we show that the volume of the tube around a non-characteristic submanifold of class $C^2$ is either smooth or real-analytic for small radii, depending on the regularity of the underlying manifold, and we establish a Weyl's tube formula. Secondly, we investigate Weyl's invariance theorem in sub-Riemannian geometry: we show that two curves in the Heisenberg group with the same Reeb angle have the same Weyl's tube formula. This is a joint work with T. Bossio and L. Rizzi.
----

More information can be found here: https://sites.google.com/view/geometric-structures/

----
Samuël Borza