Talk by A. Grassi

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Fri Mar 15 17:43:04 CET 2024

=======================
SISSA GEOMETRY SEMINARS
=======================

Prof. Antonella Grassi (Università di Bologna) will give the talk

The Noether-Lefschetz locus in families of (singular) Fano threefolds

on Tuesday, March 19th, at 9:30 in Room 003, SISSA Building A

Abstract: The Noether-Lefschetz locus parametrizes families of surfaces  in threefolds whose rank of the Neron-Severi group (the Picard rank) is higher than that of the ambient space. I will  present work in progress (joint with with  K. DeVleming and J. Rana) on the behavior in families  of this locus.   We will  discuss  “modularity  properties” of components of both maximal and minimal codimension and  present many examples.

U. Bruzzo