Reminder - High Energy Physics Seminars TOMORROW (Notari)

HECAP - Margherita Di Giovannantonio hecap at ictp.it
Wed Feb 21 14:13:43 CET 2024

*_HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS SEMINAR_**__*

*Thursday, 22 February* 2024, at *16:00*  - *LUIGI STASI SEMINAR ROOM/
/*

**

**

Alessio Notari (University of Barcelona and Galileo Galilei Institute
for Theoretical Physics)

*“Gravitational Waves and Primordial Black Holes from Domain Walls:
Implications for PTA and Dark Matter ”*

_Abstract_

Unstable domain wall (DW) networks in the early universe can emit a
large amount of gravitational waves (GW) before annihilating. In the
context of the recent GW signal reported by Pulsar Timing Arrays (PTA)
collaborations, I will explore them as a possible interpretation. Next,
I will address a crucial question: do unstable Domain Wall networks also
lead to significant production of Primordial Black Holes (PBH)? I will
then present two main consequences. Firstly, I will assess the
compatibility of the DW interpretation of the PTA signal with
observational constraints on PBHs. Secondly, I will consider the
possibility that Dark Matter can be entirely in the form of
asteroid-mass PBHs, resulting from the DW collapse. In this case, I will
demonstrate that observable GW signals should be detectable at
interferometers (such as LIGO-Virgo-KAGRA and future instruments like
LISA and Einstein Telescope).

This is a hybrid event. *To join via Zoom*:

Zoom link:https://zoom.us/j/92253271346

Meeting ID: 922 5327 1346

Password: 170232