Geometric Structures seminar - Valentino Magnani - Tuesday February 13th, 2024 , 14:00 (Rome time) - room 133 at SISSA

Samuel Borza sborza at sissa.it
Sun Feb 11 18:41:16 CET 2024

Dear All,

This is to announce the next seminar from the series "Geometric Structures".

Speaker: Valentino Magnani (Pisa)

Title: Area of intrinsic graphs in homogeneous groups
Time: Tuesday February 13th, 2024 , 14:00 (Rome time)
Venue: room 133 - SISSA main building

----
Abstract:
We introduce an area formula for computing the spherical measure of an intrinsic graph of any codimension in an arbitrary homogeneous group. Our approach only assumes that the map generating the intrinsic graph is continuously intrinsically differentiable. The important novelty lies in the notion of Jacobian, which is built by the auxiliary Euclidean distance. The introduction of this Jacobian allows the spherical factor to appear in the area formula and enables explicit computations. This is joint work with Francesca Corni (University of Bologna).
----

More information can be found here: https://sites.google.com/view/geometric-structures/

----
Samuël Borza