Joint CMSP-QLS seminar by Sumedha - Monday, 12 June 2023 at 11:00 CET - Multiple phase transitions in spin-1 models with quenched random fields

Quantitative Life Sciences Section qls at ictp.it
Mon Jun 12 08:29:49 CEST 2023

Dear All,

Today, 12 June  2023 at 11:00 CET, Sumedha (National Institute of
Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar, India ) will give a seminar
titled:
*
Multiple phase transitions in spin-1 models with quenched random fields*

Abstract:
In this talk I will discuss two versions of the famous Blume Capel
model, one with random crystal field disorder and another with random
magnetic field disorder for infinite range interactions.
I will introduce a method based on the theory of large deviations to
perform the disorder averaging. We find novel phase diagrams with new
phases and multi-critical points like the critical end point, bicritical
point and tetra critical point. I will also discuss a generalisation of
the Blume-Capel model to p-spin interaction. This model with random
crystal field disorder has a Gardner-like transition for finite p>=3.
__
_The seminar will take place in the L. Stasi seminar room, Leonardo
building__
_
Indico webpage: https://indico.ictp.it/event/10392

You are all most welcome to attend!