CMSP Seminar (Atomistic Simulation Seminar Series) 15 June, 14:30hrs, Verónica Muriel Sánchez

CMSP Seminars Secretariat OnlineCMSP at ictp.it
Thu Jun 8 14:57:49 CEST 2023

CMSP Seminar (Atomistic Simulation Seminar Series)

*Thursday, 15 June 2023, 14:30 hrs*

*IN PERSON: /Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (Leonardo Building, second floor)/*/
/

/Zoom registration link:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwvcOygrDksHNU9d82j6uY5IYCDsCNWl4f_
/

Speakers: *Verónica Muriel Sánchez* (University of Buenos Aires)

Title: *Atomistic simulations of physicochemical processes of industrial
interest*

Abstract:

Atomistic simulations of materials can be used to understand
physicochemical phenomena relevant to industry: by studying their
surface or, in the case of nanoporous materials, by studying their
nanopores. In particular, by means of molecular dynamics we are
analyzing the effect of nanoporosities present in carbon materials in
the separation of gas mixtures and in methane extraction, which are
relevant for membrane design and for the oil industry, respectively. On
the other hand, we have recently started to study the reactivity of
Fe3O4-based nanomaterials by means of Density Functional Theory
simulations. These materials have the ability to mimic the reactivity of
peroxidase-like enzymes and are proposed to be used in the industry for
environmental remediation, among other purposes.

--

CMSP, Condensed Matter & Statistical Physics Section
http://www.ictp.it/research/cmsp.aspx

The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
https://www.ictp.it/

----