REMINDER - 2 MATHS SEMINARS TODAY

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue Jun 6 08:55:43 CEST 2023

_*at 10:00*__*(CET)*_

BASIC NOTIONS SEMINAR on Superlinear Structures and Conformal Geometry -
https://indico.ictp.it/event/10383/

Venue (for in-person attendees):
Fibonacci Lecture Room (Galileo Guest House) and Zoom -
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0qdO6tpjMpG9DHUCUvlHGq70pHQPYCV96g

Speaker: Prof. Dr. Rainer Weissauer (Universität Heidelberg,
Mathematisches Institut)

Title: Superlinear Structures and Conformal Geometry

Abstract: Superlinear structures, or more precisely symmetric monoidal
tensor structures, implicitly appeared in mathematics and physics long
time ago, among others having roots dating back to Graßmann calculus in
mathematics and the study of Fermi statistics and the Dirac exclusion
principle in physics, later emphasised in supergravity and string theory.
On the other hand, conformal geometry also dates back to the 19th
century. It emerged in physics through the study of conformal invariant
theories. Seeking unified structures in regard of the Coleman-Mandula
no-go-theorem, this was brought together with supersymmetry and lead to
the concepts of superconformal symmetry groups and superconformal field
theories.
In this lecture we first give an overview of the underlying basic
mathematical notions of superlinearity and conformal geometry. Then we
draw some mathematical conclusions, mainly from a representation
theoretic perspective. Finally we discuss certain results from
representation theory, that could be possibly relevant for some new
relationship between the standard model and superconformal field theories.

******

_*AT 14:00 (CET)*_

_ICTP ANALYSIS SEMINAR_- /https://indico.ictp.it/event/10387/

Venue:  Leonardo Building - Luigi Stasi Seminar Room and Zoom ans Zoom-
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAocOuuqjspHtW53m3OerHXdGhkhDtous5K#/registration

Speaker: Diego Moreira (Universidade Federal do Ceará, Fortaleza, Brazil)

Title: Up to the Boundary Gradient Estimates in Bernoulli Type Free
Boundary Problems

Abstract: In this talk, we discuss recent advances on up to the boundary
gradient estimates for viscosity solutions of free boundary problems
governed by fully nonlinear and quasilinear equations with unbounded
coecients. We present the new Inhomogeneous Pucci Barriers as new
elements for the proof. If time permits, we discuss some of the main
steps in the proof, namely, the trace estimate of the solution on the
points of the xed boundary that projects nontangentially over the free
boundary.

These methods are inspired by some ideas of Carlos Kenig in Harmonic
Analysis.