ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY SEMINAR - TRINO SERIES - Thursday, 23 February 2023, at 14:00

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Feb 20 11:33:05 CET 2023

_ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY SEMINAR - TRINO SERIES_

Thursday 23 February, at 14:00 hrs.

Venue: Room 134 (SISSA) - Via Bonomea, 265, Trieste

Speaker: Sergej Monavari (EPFL)

Title: Double nested Hilbert schemes and stable pair invariants

Abstract: Hilbert schemes of points on a smooth projective curve are
symmetric powers of the curve itself; they are smooth and we know
essentially everything about them. We propose a variation by studying
double nested Hilbert schemes of points, which parametrize flags of
0-dimensional subschemes satisfying certain nesting conditions dictated
by Young diagrams. These moduli spaces are almost never smooth but admit
a virtual structure à la Behrend-Fantechi. We explain how this virtual
structure plays a key role in (re)proving the correspondence between
Gromov-Witten invariants and stable pair invariants for local curves.

All interested are welcome to attend.

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela