What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website

Henningsen Susanne hennings at ictp.it
Mon Sep 19 14:37:58 CEST 2022

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-archives/view/service/1325/en/latest>
| ISSN 2599-9222

	19/09/2022

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Newsletter_Banner_02_medium-size

Follow us | EU Science & Innovation <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov>
| EU Science & Innovation <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> |
EU Science & Innovation <https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> |
Research & Innovation RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en>

News Alerts
EU and CEPI to provide funding for the development of a vaccine against
Rift Valley fever
Today, the Commission and the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness
Innovations (CEPI) are launching a new call for funding to advance the
development of innovative vaccines against the viral disease, Rift
Valley fever. €35 million in financial support will be provided by
Horizon Europe, the EU’s research and innovation programme, and up to
€50 million in total will be made available by CEPI to support promising
Rift Valley fever vaccine candidates through Phase I and II clinical
trials in endemic areas.

Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture,
Education and Youth, said:

    /Rift Valley fever regularly leads to serious outbreaks and, with
    continuing climate change, could well spread in its sphere of
    influence. If we fail to act now, there is a risk that we could see
    more frequent and deadly Rift Valley fever outbreaks, with serious
    public health and socioeconomic consequences. Advancing globally
    accessible vaccines against Rift Valley fever for human use is an
    essential step within the One Health framework to ensure local
    pastoral communities affected by the disease, and the world, are
    better protected for the future./

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/723343/en/mainURL>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Health research and innovation
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/723343/en/seeAlsoLink>

Events
The AU-EU Innovation Agenda – Making it happen
Organized in the frame of the UNGA77 Science Summit, this session will
discuss the EU-AU Innovation Agenda with key stakeholders.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/711630/en/mainURL>

Date

	date
	21/09/2022 - 21/09/2022

Venue

	venue
	New York, United States

Organiser

	Organiser
	European Commission

SeeAlso

	See also
	More events
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/711630/en/seeAlsoLink>

Horizon magazine
Searching the skies for the building blocks of life in the universe

The time has come for the James Webb Space Telescope to take exoplanet
astronomy to the outer reaches. European researchers have been doing a
lot of groundwork in preparation for this moment.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/648802/EN/mainURL>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Horizon magazine
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/648802/EN/seeAlsoLink>

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
Please read the privacy statement
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/default/files/research_and_innovation/contact/documents/ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>