ICTP Algebraic Geometry Seminars - Wednesday, 19 October, at 16:00 (Lothar Göttsche)/hybrid seminar

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue Oct 18 10:08:42 CEST 2022

ICTP ALGEBRAIC GEOMETRY SEMINARS 2022

Wednesday, 19 October, at 16:00

_Hybrid seminar_

Venue: for*in-person* attendees (Leonardo da Vinci, Luigi Stasi seminar
room).

For *virtual* attendees:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUvdumrpjMqH9TgK4-irQa1IZcvBANg3EGF
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

_
_/_Kindly note that this seminar is divided in two parts of roughly 45
minutes each. The first part is for more general audience, while the
second part is more specialized._ /

*Speaker: Lothar Goettsche (ICTP)*

*Part 1: The Hilbert scheme of points*

We introduce the Hilbert scheme of points on surface, and talk about its
invariants, its relations to other moduli spaces of sheaves and
applications to enumerative geometry. Finally we introduce some
techniques for working with these Hilbert schemes

*Part 2: (Refined) Verlinde and Segre formulas for Hilbert schemes of
points*

This is joint work with Anton Mellit.
Segre and Verlinde numbers of Hilbert schemes of points have been
studied for a long time.
The Segre numbers are evaluations of top Chern and Segre classes of
so-called tautological bundles on Hilbert schemes of points.
The Verlinde numbers are the holomorphic Euler characteristics of line
bundles on these Hilbert schemes.
We give the generating functions for the Segre and Verlinde numbers of
Hilbert schemes of points.
The formula is proven for surfaces with K_S^2=0, and conjectured in
general. Without restriction on K_S^2 we prove the conjectured
Verlinde-Segre correspondence relating Segre and Verlinde numbers of
Hilbert schemes. Finally we find a generating function for finer
invariants, which specialize to both the Segre and Verlinde numbers,
giving some kind of explanation of the Verlinde-Segre correspondence.

https://indico.ictp.it/event/10092/