ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Friday 18 November, at 11:00 (Miguel Urbano)/hybrid seminar

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Thu Nov 17 11:02:33 CET 2022

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2022

hybrid seminar

Friday 18 November, at 11:00 hrs.

For virtual attendees:

Please register in advance for this meeting:
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0lcOGrrj8pGNwzzpDNyw9zrLYidnQW93NJ&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw0bPlNChvhniEWfJPpK6eMg
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Speaker: Miguel Urbano (KAUST, Saudi Arabia)

Title: Lipschitz learning and the infinity-Laplacian

Abstract: Infinity-harmonic functions have recently found application in
Semi-Supervised Learning in the context of the so-called Lipschitz
Learning. With this application in mind, we will discuss the Lipschitz
extension problem, its solution via MacShane-Whitney extensions and its
several drawbacks, leading to the notion of AMLE (Absolutely Minimising
Lipschitz Extension). We then address the equivalence between being
absolutely minimising Lipschitz, enjoying comparison with cones and
solving the infinity-Laplace equation in the viscosity sense. We will
present a few regularity results and discuss open problems if time permits.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor), for those wishing to attend in person.