ICTP Analysis Seminar - Tuesday 24 May, at 16:00 (Edgar Pimentel)/hybrid seminar

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri May 20 09:31:21 CEST 2022

_ICTP ANALYSIS SEMINAR_

Starts 24 May 2022, 16:00
Ends 24 May 2022, 17:30
Central European Time

Presence: Leonardo Building - Luigi Stasi lecture room

Online:
Register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIoduGvrzwqG9Bm5jtdLWo2pwurGgvSvq3W
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Title: Fully nonlinear free transmission problems

Edgar Pimentel (Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro –
PUC-Rio and Centre for Mathematics at the University of Coimbra)

Abstract: We consider a discontinuous, fully nonlinear elliptic
operator, perhaps degenerate, whose discontinuities depend on the
solutions. Such dependence frames the model in the context of free
boundary problems. We discuss the optimal regularity of solutions and
prove the existence of viscosity solutions to this problem. We plan to
detail conditions under which strong solutions exist in the uniformly
elliptic setting. We close the talk with comments on further directions
of research and related problems we have grown fond of recently.

/This will be a hybrid seminar. All are very welcome to join either
online or in person.//Venue: Luigi Stasi Lecture Room (ICTP Leonardo Da
Vinci Building), for those wishing to attend in person./

/https://indico.ictp.it/event/9964//

//--

Koutou Mabilo ICTP Mathematics Group Leonardo Da Vinci Building Strada
Costiera no. 11 34151 Trieste, Italy Tel. no.: +39-040-2240455 For to be
free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that
respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela