Algebraic Geometry seminar in presence and virtual

Alessandro Nobile anobile at sissa.it
Tue Mar 22 14:11:58 CET 2022

Next seminar, Friday 25/03/2022 at 4:30pm, room Boris Dubrovin 136

Speaker: Michele Graffeo (SISSA)

Title:  HOW TO GET YOUR HANDS DIRTY WITH CANONICAL SINGULARITIES

Abstract: This talk will be a short introduction to the next series of algebraic geometry seminars. It will consist of (approximately) 6 talks about canonical singularities. We will mostly follow Miles Reid's works. The instructive goal will be to learn some techniques useful to tackle singularities.

In my seminar, I will show, through examples, where the need to work with singular varieties emerges.

At the end of the seminar there will be a short discussion to decide who will be the next speakers.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/83917587333?pwd=amVZSW54bkROS2U0Ly9HbVJYK3c2QT09
Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting<https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/83917587333?pwd=amVZSW54bkROS2U0Ly9HbVJYK3c2QT09>
Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Founded in 2011, Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Zoom is a publicly traded company headquartered in San Jose, CA.
sissa-it.zoom.us

Meeting ID: 839 1758 7333
Passcode: 712636