Mathematical Physics seminar Monday 28th of January 5.00-6.00pm

Tamara Grava grava at sissa.it
Tue Mar 22 15:54:38 CET 2022

Dear all

The  next online Mathematical Physics and Integrable systems seminar  will take place on Monday the 28th of January, from 5pm to 6pm (Paris Time).

https://bristol-ac-uk.zoom.us/j/98091105644?pwd=a3V4TGhtYjlNRWVKTGM5RkI4bktqZz09

Meeting ID: 980 9110 5644
Passcode: 808719

Speaker: Promit Ghosal, (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)

Title: Probabilistic Conformal Block and Its Properties

Abstract: Conformal blocks are fundamental ingredients of the conformal field theory and are closely related to supersymmetric gauge theory. They also have intimate connections with Painleve tau functions and limits of spiked random matrices.

In this talk, I will demonstrate a probabilistic construction of the 1-point torus conformal block using Gaussian multiplicative chaos and discuss some of its properties and connections. This talk will be based on joint works with Guillaume Remy, Xin Sun and Yi Sun.

If time permits, I will mention about two ongoing works: one on showing modular symmetry of the conformal blocks and the other on showing the semiclassical limit of the conformal block.