What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website

Henningsen Susanne hennings at ictp.it
Tue Mar 22 08:51:51 CET 2022

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-archives/view/service/1325>
| ISSN 2599-9222

	21/03/2022

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Header Image

Follow us | EU Science & Innovation <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov>
| EU Science & Innovation <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> |
EU Science & Innovation <https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> |
Research & Innovation RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en>

News Alerts
New Transitions Performance Index 2021: EU shows strong performance in
its transition towards sustainability
The EU is a strong global performer in the transition towards fair and
prosperous sustainability, with Denmark and Ireland leading the way,
according to the second edition of the Transitions Performance Index
(TPI) published by the Commission’s Directorate General for Research and
Innovation today.

Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture,
Education and Youth, said:

    /"Existing and emerging challenges require us to build a more
    resilient, sustainable, and inclusive society. The TPI can support
    the discussion, help us to reflect and change perceptions to steer
    our path towards that aim. We must ensure our youth can look forward
    to a healthy, safe and innovative future.”/

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9uZXdzL25ldy10cmFuc2l0aW9ucy1wZXJmb3JtYW5jZS1pbmRleC0yMDIxLWV1LXNob3dzLXN0cm9uZy1wZXJmb3JtYW5jZS1pdHMtdHJhbnNpdGlvbi10b3dhcmRzLXN1c3RhaW5hYmlsaXR5LTIwMjItbWFyLTE0X2VuJnBrX2NhbXBhaWduPXdoYXRzbmV3X25ld3NsZXR0ZXI>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Transitions Performance Index
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9yZXNlYXJjaC1hbmQtaW5ub3ZhdGlvbi9zdHJhdGVneS9zdXBwb3J0LXBvbGljeS1tYWtpbmcvc3VwcG9ydC1uYXRpb25hbC1yZXNlYXJjaC1hbmQtaW5ub3ZhdGlvbi1wb2xpY3ktbWFraW5nL3RyYW5zaXRpb25zLXBlcmZvcm1hbmNlLWluZGV4LXRwaV9lbiZwa19jYW1wYWlnbj13aGF0c25ld19uZXdzbGV0dGVy>

Success stories
Where our senses meet technology

We interact with technology on a daily basis, but almost entirely
through our eyes and ears. The EU-funded SenseX project has unveiled a
multisensory experience design. This new approach offers citizens
technology that incorporates all their senses.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vcHJvamVjdHMvc3VjY2Vzcy1zdG9yaWVzL2FsbC93aGVyZS1vdXItc2Vuc2VzLW1lZXQtdGVjaG5vbG9neT9wa19jYW1wYWlnbj13aGF0c25ld19uZXdzbGV0dGVy>

SeeAlso

	See also
	More success stories
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vcHJvamVjdHMvc3VjY2Vzcy1zdG9yaWVzP3BrX2NhbXBhaWduPXdoYXRzbmV3X25ld3NsZXR0ZXI>

Events
EU Knowledge Valorisation Week 2022
The EU Knowledge Valorisation Week will showcase excellent examples of
policies and tools that promote the uptake of research results and
science-based solutions for the benefit of all. Universities, business
associations, research organisations, arts institutions, and other
stakeholders have helped shape the programme by sharing their best
practices in knowledge valorisation.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9ldmVudHMvZXUta25vd2xlZGdlLXZhbG9yaXNhdGlvbi13ZWVrLTIwMjItMjAyMi1tYXItMjlfZW4mcGtfY2FtcGFpZ249d2hhdHNuZXdfbmV3c2xldHRlcg>

Date

	date
	29/03/2022 - 01/04/2022

Venue

	venue
	Online

Organiser

	Organiser
	European Commission

SeeAlso

	See also
	More events
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9yZXNlYXJjaC1hbmQtaW5ub3ZhdGlvbi9ldmVudHMvdXBjb21pbmctZXZlbnRzX2VuJnBrX2NhbXBhaWduPXdoYXRzbmV3X25ld3NsZXR0ZXI>

Horizon magazine
How flossing and brushing may be good for your lungs

 From chewing sticks to using twigs, hog bristles and horsehair, people
have been polishing their pearly whites for millennia. Now EU scientists
are investigating whether good oral hygiene can also protect us from
chronic lung diseases. They’re also checking what our saliva says about
our overall health.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vaG9yaXpvbi1tYWdhemluZS9ob3ctZmxvc3NpbmctYW5kLWJydXNoaW5nLW1heS1iZS1nb29kLXlvdXItbHVuZ3MmcGtfY2FtcGFpZ249d2hhdHNuZXdfbmV3c2xldHRlcg>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Horizon magazine
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vaG9yaXpvbi1tYWdhemluZT9wa19jYW1wYWlnbj13aGF0c25ld19uZXdzbGV0dGVy>

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32018R1725&from=EN>.
Please read the privacy statement
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/research_and_innovation/contact/documents/ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>.