What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website

Henningsen Susanne hennings at ictp.it
Tue Mar 15 12:27:45 CET 2022

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-archives/view/service/1325>
| ISSN 2599-9222

	15/03/2022

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Header Image

Follow us | EU Science & Innovation <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov>
| EU Science & Innovation <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> |
EU Science & Innovation <https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> |
Research & Innovation RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en>

News Alerts
International Women’s Day: EU support to women in research, science and
education
On today’s International Women’s Day, the empowerment of women and
girls, in all of their diversity, is at the centre around the globe.
Female talent is crucial for Europe, not least in the fields of
research, science and education. The Commission continues its work to
support women in achieving their goals and pushes for greater equality
between women and men through its EU Gender Equality Strategy.

Initiatives in research, science and education to highlight this year
include: the 2022 EU Prize for Women Innovators, the WomenTech EU
programme, the European Strategy for Universities, the new European
Research Area framework, gender equality criterion in Horizon Europe,
the call for women experts and the Gender Equality Strategy Monitoring
Portal. Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture,
Education and Youth, also announced a brand-new social media campaign:
#SHEULeads as part of the European Year of Youth.

Commissioner Mariya Gabriel said:

    /"The empowerment of women and girls is at the core of our European
    values and goals. Throughout my portfolio, we aim to foster
    environments that help women succeed, and lead in their respective
    fields. This year, we highlight some key initiatives undertaken to
    support women in science, innovation, culture and education."/

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9uZXdzL2ludGVybmF0aW9uYWwtd29tZW5zLWRheS1ldS1zdXBwb3J0LXdvbWVuLXJlc2VhcmNoLXNjaWVuY2UtYW5kLWVkdWNhdGlvbi0yMDIyLW1hci0wOF9lbiZwa19jYW1wYWlnbj13aGF0c25ld19uZXdzbGV0dGVy>

SeeAlso

	See also
	#EUwomen4future roundtable
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9ldmVudHMvaG93LWNlbGVicmF0ZS1leHRyYW9yZGluYXJ5LXdvbWVuLWV1d29tZW40ZnV0dXJlLWNhbXBhaWduLXNlbWluYXItMjAyMi1tYXItMDhfZW4mcGtfY2FtcGFpZ249d2hhdHNuZXdfbmV3c2xldHRlcg>

Success stories
Getting the health benefits of fasting without the diet

Our modern high-calorie, low-activity lifestyle is wreaking havoc on our
bodies, provoking deadly diseases. The EU-funded NutrientSensingVivo
project provides a better understanding of how the availability of food
changes our metabolism. This knowledge offers new ways to prevent
cancer, improve health and extend citizens’ life expectancy.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vcHJvamVjdHMvc3VjY2Vzcy1zdG9yaWVzL2FsbC9nZXR0aW5nLWhlYWx0aC1iZW5lZml0cy1mYXN0aW5nLXdpdGhvdXQtZGlldD9wa19jYW1wYWlnbj13aGF0c25ld19uZXdzbGV0dGVy>

SeeAlso

	See also
	More success stories
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vcHJvamVjdHMvc3VjY2Vzcy1zdG9yaWVzP3BrX2NhbXBhaWduPXdoYXRzbmV3X25ld3NsZXR0ZXI>

Events
European conference H2020RTR
This yearly conference is co-organised by the European Commission,
together with the European Road Transport Research Advisory Council
(ERTRAC), the European Green Vehicles Initiative Association for the
2Zero partnership (EGVIAfor2Zero) and the Connected, Cooperation and
Automated Mobility Association (CCAM).

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9ldmVudHMvZXVyb3BlYW4tY29uZmVyZW5jZS1oMjAyMHJ0ci1yZXN1bHRzLXJvYWQtdHJhbnNwb3J0LXJlc2VhcmNoLWgyMDIwLXByb2plY3RzLTIwMjItbWFyLTI5X2VuJnBrX2NhbXBhaWduPXdoYXRzbmV3X25ld3NsZXR0ZXI>

Date

	date
	29/03/2022 - 30/03/2022

Venue

	venue
	Brussels, Belgium

Organiser

	Organiser
	European Commission

SeeAlso

	See also
	More events
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvaW5mby9yZXNlYXJjaC1hbmQtaW5ub3ZhdGlvbi9ldmVudHMvdXBjb21pbmctZXZlbnRzX2VuJnBrX2NhbXBhaWduPXdoYXRzbmV3X25ld3NsZXR0ZXI>

Horizon magazine
Global Europe in research and innovation

The biggest challenges confronting humanity necessitate countries work
together. At the Marseille Conference on 8 March, Europe explored the
path forward for international collaboration in research and innovation.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vaG9yaXpvbi1tYWdhemluZS9nbG9iYWwtZXVyb3BlLXJlc2VhcmNoLWFuZC1pbm5vdmF0aW9uJnBrX2NhbXBhaWduPXdoYXRzbmV3X25ld3NsZXR0ZXI>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Horizon magazine
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/redirection/link/aHR0cHM6Ly9lYy5ldXJvcGEuZXUvcmVzZWFyY2gtYW5kLWlubm92YXRpb24vZW4vaG9yaXpvbi1tYWdhemluZT9wa19jYW1wYWlnbj13aGF0c25ld19uZXdzbGV0dGVy>

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32018R1725&from=EN>.
Please read the privacy statement
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/research_and_innovation/contact/documents/ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>.