CMSP Seminar IN PERSON (Atomistic Simulation Seminar Series) 29 June at 11:00, Prof. Narayan Prasad Adhikari

CMSP Seminars Secretariat OnlineCMSP at ictp.it
Tue Jun 14 11:23:08 CEST 2022

Atomistic Simulation Seminar Series

IN PERSON: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (Leonardo Building, 2nd floor)

Also via Zoom. Link to advance registration:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0kd-2orDgpE9RZuPjTzuUYdrlCqVSP6MYl

** * * **Wednesday, 29 June 2022 at 11:00**CET* * **

Speaker: *Narayan Prasad Adhikari *(Central Department of Physics
Tribhuvan, University Kathmandu)

Title:** *Repair Mechanism of AGT for Methyl-induced DNA Damage* *
*
Abstract:
O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase (AGT) is considered a demethylation
agent of the methylated DNA. We model two catalytic states of AGT-DNA
interactions and an AGT-DNA covalent complex and explore structural
features using molecular dynamics (MD) simulations. The umbrella
sampling method is used to investigate the changes in the free energy of
the interactions in two different AGT-DNA catalytic states, one with
methylated GUA in DNA and the other with methylated CYS145 in AGT. These
non-covalent complexes represent the pre- and post-repair complexes.
Therefore, our study encompasses the process of recognition, complex
formation, and separation of the AGT and the damaged (methylated) DNA
base. The use of parameters for the amino acid and nucleotide
modifications and for the protein-DNA covalent bond will allow
investigations of the DNA repair mechanism. Further, we discuss the
binding mechanism of SARS/SARS-CoV 2 spike protein with human protein.

----

CMSP Seminars support:OnlineCMSP at ictp.it

CMSP, Condensed Matter & Statistical Physics Section
http://www.ictp.it/research/cmsp.aspx

The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
https://www.ictp.it/

----