algebraic geometry seminar January 21 at 4:30 pm

Barbara Fantechi barbara.fantechi at sissa.it
Thu Jan 20 13:56:32 CET 2022

The seminar takes place every Friday at 4:30 pm starting January 21 in room
136 Boris Dubrovin at Sissa and online at
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/83917587333?pwd=amVZSW54bkROS2U0Ly9HbVJYK3c2QT09)
(Meeting ID: 839 1758 7333 Passcode: 712636)

The topics for this year are
1)  Algebraic Stacks, following part of Angelo Vistoli's notes
http://homepage.sns.it/vistoli/descent.pdf
2) Canonical Singularities, following part of Miles Reid's notes
https://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/cheltsov/quotient/pdf/reid3.pdf

Tomorrow I will give a short introduction to groupoids, see
https://www.math.uni-bielefeld.de/~rehmann/ECM/cdrom/3ecm/pdfs/pant3/fantechi.pdf
More importantly , we will schedule the first several seminars.

The topics Geometric Invariant Theory and Fourier Mukai transforms are left
for next year, as then Ugo Bruzzo will be available and he's an expert on
both (particularly the latter).

See you tomorrow,

Barbara