Fwd: seminari di Topologia geometrica

ZUDDAS DANIELE dzuddas at units.it
Mon Dec 12 14:18:06 CET 2022

Dear all,

I would like to announce the following online seminars
All interested people are cordially invited

Da: Paola CRISTOFORI <paola.cristofori at unimore.it<mailto:paola.cristofori at unimore.it>>
Oggetto: seminari di Topologia geometrica

Ricordiamo i prossimi seminari di Topologia Geometrica che si terranno a distanza tramite Google Meet:

Mercoledì 14 dicembre 2022 - online: https://meet.google.com/xqc-udeq-vwf

  *   ore 15: Daniele Zuddas (Università di Trieste), Compact topological 4-manifolds are finitely presentable

Abstract: Compact PL manifolds can be determined by a finite data set, that is a triangulation. On the other hand, compact topological 4-manifolds that are known to be not PL arise as the result of infinite constructions such as Casson handles. So it is natural to ask whether compact topological 4-manifolds can be determined by a finite data set. In this talk we answer in the affirmative. I will try to make the talk as much accessible as possible.
This is a joint work with Micheal Freedman.

  *   ore 16.30: Bruno Martelli (Università di Pisa), Shadows of 3- and 4-manifolds II

Abstract: A shadow is a two-dimensional cell complex designed to be thickened in 4 dimensions. This object, introduced by Turaev, communicates nicely with three facets of geometric topology that are quite distant from each other: that of smooth 4-manifolds, hyperbolic 3-manifolds, and quantum invariants. We will introduce shadows and focus mostly on the first two aspects, that is their relation with 4-manifolds and hyperbolic 3-manifolds.

Vi preghiamo di inoltrare l'avviso alle persone che pensate possano essere interessate.
Per ogni informazione potete contattarci:

Paola Cristofori        paola.cristofori at unimore.it<mailto:paola.cristofori at unimore.it>
Maria Rita Casali     casali at unimore.it<mailto:casali at unimore.it>

--
Prof. Paola Cristofori
Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche, Informatiche e Matematiche