COW: Tribute to M.S. Narasimhan - VBAC Zoom webinar, October 11th, 2021

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Sep 27 18:02:52 CEST 2021

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	COW: Tribute to M.S. Narasimhan - VBAC Zoom webinar, October
11th, 2021
Date: 	Mon, 27 Sep 2021 14:28:58 +0100
From: 	Peter Gothen via COWalggeom <cowalggeom at listserv.csv.warwick.ac.uk>
To: 	cowalggeom at listserv.csv.warwick.ac.uk

Tribute to M.S. Narasimhan
VBAC Zoom webinar, October 11th, 2021

Prof. M.S. Narasimahn was one of the central pillars of the research
area "Vector Bundles on Algebraic Curves"

The Scientific Committee of the international research group on "Vector
Bundles over an Algebraic Curve" (VBAC) is organizing a Tribute to M.S.
Narasimhan in recognition of his contribution to many areas and support
to our group. The Webinar in his honor will be on October 11th, 2021
with the following schedule, (times are in GMT).

14:00-14:30 S. Ramanan: "My collaborative work with Narasimhan".

14:30-15:00 T. R. Ramadas: "Narasimhan’s work on conformal blocks"

Break

15:15-15:45 O. Garcia-Prada: The theorem of Narasimhan and Seshadri and
generalizations

15:45-16:15 G. Harder: "Why is the Tamgawa number equal to one?"

16:15- Time for those who want to share their reminiscences and
appreciation of Prof. M.S. Narasimhan.

We invite you to join us for this tribute at 13:55 GMT.

Please register in advance for this webinar in the web page
http://vbac.wikidot.com/registration

if you have not registered already for the VBAC Webinars.

Organizing Committee:

Usha Bhosle (Bangalore, India), Leticia Brambila-Paz (CIMAT, México),
Ugo Bruzzo (SISSA, Italy), Carlos Florentino (UL, Portugal), Daniel
Hernández Ruipérez (USAL, Spain)

VBAC Scientific Committee:

Jorgen E. Andersen, Usha Bhosle, Steven Bradlow, Leticia Brambila Paz
(Chair), Ugo Bruzzo, Carlos Florentino, Oscar Garcia-Prada, Peter Gothen
(Vice-Chair), Daniel Hernández Ruipérez, George Hein, Vicky Hoskins
(Vice-Chair), Antony Maciocia, Ana Cristina López Martín, Margarida
Melo, Peter E. Newstead, Montserrat Teixidor i Bigas.

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela