Fwd: Algebra and geometry seminar 04/06

Francesco Galuppi fgaluppi at units.it
Mon May 31 16:10:07 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues,

this is to advertise the weekly seminar of the Algebra and geometry
group of University of Trieste. On Friday, June 4th at 10:30, Yairon
Cid-Ruiz (Ghent University) will talk about "Primary decomposition with
differential operators".

We introduce differential primary decompositions for ideals in a
commutative ring. Ideal membership is characterized by differential
conditions. The minimal number of conditions needed is the arithmetic
multiplicity. Minimal differential primary decompositions are unique up
to change of bases. Our results generalize the construction of
Noetherian operators for primary ideals in the analytic theory of
Ehrenpreis-Palamodov, and they offer a concise method for representing
affine schemes. The case of modules is also addressed. This is joint
work with Bernd Sturmfels.

The seminar will take place online. The Zoom link is
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87239350702.
You are welcome to extend the invitation to anyone interested.

All the best,
Francesco