[math-users] SISSA/IGAP algebraic geometry seminars

Michele Graffeo mgraffeo at sissa.it
Mon Mar 29 07:58:06 CEST 2021

Dear all,
      this is to announce the next SISSA/IGAP algebraic geometry
seminar,  centered on intersection theory.

The aim of these seminars is to study intersection theory following
the book of Fulton, Intersection Theory, and develop a working
knowledge.
A comprehensive list of all speakers and topics covered can be found
at the following webpage
https://atricolfi.github.io/MATHEMATICS/Intersection_theory_seminar.html

SPEAKER:    Alessandro Nobile - SISSA

TITLE:      Specialization to the normal cone and refined Gysin homomorphisms

WHEN:       Thursday, April 1 at 4.30pm (Rome)

WHERE:      Link Zoom:
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85130543278?pwd=dUVUbERyTUFycjlMSWpQcjVlOVJ6UT09
             ID riunione:    851 3054 3278
             Passcode:       465602

ABSTRACT:   In this seminar we will learn the deformation to the
normal cone and use it to define the specialization homomorphism. Next
we will define the refined Gysin homomorphisms and list their
properties and some example.

Best regards,
Andrea, Alessandro and Michele.