REMINDER: SISSA/IGAP algebraic geometry seminars

Alessandro Nobile anobile at sissa.it
Tue Jan 19 12:34:20 CET 2021

Dear all,
    this is to announce the next SISSA/IGAP algebraic geometry seminar,
centered on Calabi-Yau manifolds.

In order to clarify some basic aspects of the topic, we will follow  the
second chapter of the book Calabi-Yau Manifolds and Related Geometries
by M. Gross, D. Huybrechts, D. Joyce, written by Mark Gross.
Our goal is to understand the classic example of the mirror quintic.

SPEAKER:    Lorenzo SILLARI - SISSA

TITLE:      Degenerations of Hodge Structures

WHEN:       Thursday, January 21 at 4.30pm (Rome)

WHERE:      Link Zoom:
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/89721027363?pwd=TVg2NkxQNkxBOFkrN2h2YVd5SHNYZz09
            ID riunione:  897 2102 7363
            Passcode:     845026

ABSTRACT:   This seminar is part of a cycle of seminars that aim to
understand Mirror Simmetry for the quintic 3-fold. In this talk, we are
concerned with the problem of studying variations of Hodge Structures at
points corresponding to singular varieties. We introduce the notion of
Mixed Hodge Structure, that can be obtained with a limit process of the
variation at singular points. In order to do so, we exploit the linear
algebra of the Monodromy Transformation associated to a family of
compact Calabi-Yau 3-folds, and the Period Map. Then we will define the
Orbit Map to approximate the Period Map, with the final goal to
establish a "correspondance" between the (1,2)-Yukawa coupling and the
(1,1)-Yukawa coupling on certain spaces.

Everybody interested is warmly welcomed to attend.

Best regards,
Andrea, Alessandro and Michele