REMINDER: SISSA/IGAP algebraic geometry seminars

Alessandro Nobile anobile at sissa.it
Wed Jan 13 09:14:02 CET 2021

Dear all,
    this is to announce the next SISSA/IGAP algebraic geometry seminar,
centered on Calabi-Yau manifolds.

In order to clarify some basic aspects of the topic, we will follow  the
second chapter of the book Calabi-Yau Manifolds and Related Geometries
by M. Gross, D. Huybrechts, D. Joyce, written by Mark Gross.
Our goal is to understand the classic example of the mirror quintic.

SPEAKER:    Mario DE MARCO - SISSA

TITLE:      (1,2) Yukawa Couplings and Period Map for families of
compact Calabi-Yau threefolds

WHEN:       Thursday, January 14 at 4.30pm (Rome)

WHERE:      Link Zoom:
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85830200598?pwd=ZzJTeVNpeHBJMllQamlCVHNvcUdtZz09
            ID riunione:  858 3020 0598
            Passcode:     357084

ABSTRACT:   In this seminar, I will give the definitions of "(1,2)
Yukawa couplings" and of "Period Map" for a family of compact CY
threefolds. I will start recalling, briefly, what is a Hodge structure
of weight  . Then, I will define the concept of "variation of Hodge
structure": I will first present the case in which the variation is
associated with a family of compact Kähler manifolds, and then I will
give an intrinsic definition. Finally, I will present two important
objects associated with a family of compact CY threefolds: the "(1,2)
Yukawa coupling", and the "Period Map". Both these objects will play an
important role in the formulation of the mirror symmetry conjecture.

Everybody interested is warmly welcomed to attend.

Best regards,
Andrea, Alessandro and Michele