ICTP Math Associates Seminar (Zoom Meeting) - Thursday 18 February at 14:00 (Leandro da Freitas Pessoa)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Tue Feb 9 14:24:22 CET 2021

ICTP Math Associates Seminar

Thursday 18 February, at 14:00, Central European Time

Please register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEofumvpzIiEtEhIVjOZtFbunjZOcsg-_bP

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Speaker: Leandro da Freitas Pessoa (UFPI)

Title: Detecting the completeness of a Finsler manifold via potential
theory for its infinity Laplacian

Abstract: In this talk we will present some potential-theoretic aspects
of the eikonal and infinity Laplace operator on a Finsler manifold M.
Our main result shows that the forward completeness of M can be detected
in terms of Liouville properties and maximum principles at infinity for
subsolutions of suitable in homogeneous inequalities. Also, an
∞-capacity criterion and a viscosity version of Ekeland principle are
proved to be equivalent to the forward completeness of M. Part of the
proof hinges on a new boundary-to-interior Lipschitz estimate for
solutions of an inhomogeneous equation for the infinity Laplacian on
compact sets, that implies a uniform Lipschitz estimate for certain
entire, bounded solutions without requiring the completeness of M.