Algebra and geometry seminar 12-02-2021

Francesco Galuppi fgaluppi at units.it
Mon Feb 8 17:50:54 CET 2021

Dear colleagues,

this is to advertise the weekly seminar of the Algebra and Geometry
group of the University of Trieste. On Friday, February 12th at 10:30,
Milena Wrobel (University of Oldenburg) will talk about "Intrinsic
Grassmannians".

Abstract: Generalizing the well-known weighted Grassmanians introduced
by Corti and Reid, we study certain geometric invariant theory quotients
of the affine cone over the Plücker embedding of Gr(k,n). More
precisely, we consider normal projective varieties whose Cox ring is
defined by the Plücker ideal I_{k,n}. For k = 2, we classify the smooth
Fano ones having Picard number two and give a concrete formula to
compute their number for arbitrary n.

The seminar will take place online. The Zoom link is
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87239350702.

You are welcome to extend the invitation to anyone interested.

Best,
Francesco