ICTP Math Associates Seminar (Zoom Meeting) - Thursday 11 February at 15:00 (Quoc Anh Ngo)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Wed Feb 3 13:51:26 CET 2021

ICTP Math Associates Seminar

Thursday 11 February, at 15:00, Central European Time

Please register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEvceyqqjgjH9Jply9iJ0AHFcaPiF5Manv-

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Speaker: Quoc Anh Ngo (Vietnam National University)

Title: Bubbling of Q-curvature equation on 4-manifolds in the null case

Abstract: On a closed 4-manifold, given a smooth non-trivial function f,
the prescribing Q-curvature equation in the null case asks to solve Pu
=fe^{4u} for u,where P is the Paneitz operator. A necessary condition
for the existence of a solution to the equation is that f is
sign-changing; and it is well-known that this equation always admits at
least one solution if, in addition, the total integral of f is negative.
As an immediate consequence, if we let f be sign-changing andf ≤ ε  for
sufficiently small ε, then it turns out that a solution exists.

In this talk, I will present some results on the behavior of solutions
to the equation if we let ε go to zero.
This is joint work with Hong Zhang (SCNU, China).