What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website

Henningsen Susanne hennings at ictp.it
Mon Apr 19 14:45:28 CEST 2021

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-specific-archive-issue.cfm?newsletter_service_id=1325&lang=en>
| ISSN 2599-9222

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Header Image

follow us : ‌ icon Twitter <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov> ‌ icon
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> ‌ icon Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> ‌ icon RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en> ‌

News Alerts
EU and Japan jointly invest €10,7 million for breakthrough research on
advanced biofuels and alternative renewable fuels
The European Commission’s Directorate General for Research and
Innovation announces today the launch of three joint projects in the
area of advanced biofuels and alternative renewable fuels. The projects
stem from a call supported by the EU together with the Government of
Japan, represented by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports,
Science and Technology (MEXT). It falls under the framework of the
EU-Japan Science and Technology Cooperation Agreement. The projects will
start on 1 May 2021.

Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture,
Education and Youth said:

We need to replace fossil fuels to reach the ambitious goals of the
Paris Agreement on climate change. The cooperation between researchers,
institutions and industry in the EU and Japan will foster breakthrough
innovation in advanced biofuels and alternative renewable fuels and will
strengthen the European and Japanese technology base in those areas. We
are looking forward to strengthening our cooperation under Horizon Europe/./

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/news/eu-and-japan-jointly-invest-eu107-million-breakthrough-research-advanced-biofuels-and-alternative-renewable-fuels-2021-apr-14_en&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

SeeAlso

	See also
	International cooperation in research and innovation
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/research-and-innovation/strategy/international-cooperation_en?pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Success stories
A clever shortcut to useful innovations in healthcare

A new innovative model allows health organisations across Europe to
access new technologies through collaboration with IT companies. Some 22
solutions improving healthcare staff and patients’ daily lives have been
developed using this model by the EU-funded inDemand project. And more
will come soon, promising an even bigger boost in the drive to provide
citizens with high-quality healthcare.

Photo

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/research-and-innovation/en/projects/success-stories/all/clever-shortcut-useful-innovations-healthcare?pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

SeeAlso

	See also
	More Success stories
<https://ec.europa.eu/research-and-innovation/en/projects/success-stories?pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Events
EU Knowledge Valorisation Week 2021
The Knowledge Valorisation Week will showcase excellent examples of
strategies and tools to boost the uptake of research results that
benefit all. It will connect policy makers and stakeholders from across
Europe and nudge dialogue and knowledge sharing.

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/events/european-knowledge-valorisation-week-making-ri-results-work-resilient-and-sustainable-europe-2021-apr-27_en&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Date

	Date
	27/04/2021 - 30/04/2021

Venue

	Venue
	Online

SeeAlso

	See also
	More events
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/research-and-innovation/events/upcoming-events_en&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Horizon magazine
How do we know if an asteroid headed our way is dangerous?

There are a lot of things that pose a threat to our planet – climate
change, natural disasters, and solar flares, for example. But one threat
in particular often captures public imagination, finding itself
popularised in books and films and regularly generating alarming
headlines: asteroids.

Photo

	Main URL
<https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/how-do-we-know-if-asteroid-headed-our-way-dangerous.html>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Horizon magazine <https://horizon-magazine.eu/>

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32018R1725&from=EN>.
Please read the privacy statement
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/pdf/ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>.